Monday, September 22, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 9-22-2014) [Letter #53 from Tonga]

My sweet family all the way on the other side of the world. I'm so so sorry it's taking months at at a time getting these letters from me. I think that means that they should be twice as fun to read, because they are so so rare. I definitely know the feeling about waiting to read all of your letters, I seem to get them about every two weeks, but they are always a month or two months old, haha, but they always seem to lift me! For, like we have always said, everything happens in the Lord's timing. I have been so grateful to have such diligent parents writing me! My companions are always so impressed at how consistent you both are at writing me! They (letters) truly are like Christmas presents to me! I especially love when I once and a while get a letter from one of my siblings. I love to see your growth and desires, and what brings joy into your life. I have truly seen this beautiful opportunity of letter writing unite us so tightly as a family! Ha'apai has been such an incredible opportunity for me so far, and in so many ways. I have found it to be humbling  me in ways that I didn't know I needed to be humbled. I have learned a lot about myself and my weaknesses & I have learned a so much about my Savior and all His goodness. I have had so many opportunities to strengthen my weaknesses and make them become strengths. For I have a great desire to try every day to become more like Christ. For that has to be my favorite chapter in Preach My Gospel. Chapter 6 - Christlike Attributes! There is an activity in the back of the chapter and it will help you find your weaknesses, then you can take those and work them until they become strengths! Ether 12:27

I have always loved the saying that we are not here to earn heaven, but to learn heaven (Brad Wilcox). For I want to share with you, my beautiful family, one of the Christlike attributes that I have been trying so hard to increase and become more like Christ. Throughout my life, I have noticed that my patience has been such a big weakness of mine. I have often acted in ways that have been out of turn or inappropriate, because I let impatience get the best of me. Even in the MTC and my first area, I saw my impatience get the best of me, but as I have trusted in the Lord and I have asked Him for strength, I have truly seen Him give me patience and help me make my biggest weakness into one of my new found strengths. I have been so grateful for this blessing/tender mercy in my life. For I know it will bless me immensely in the long run, but not just then, but I have seen it work complete miracles with me in situations here in the mission. For Christ knows us perfectly as does the Father. 1 Nephi 21:16. Trust in him who can make all the difference. For there is no greater need than now for His precious help in our lives. May we pray for a desire to be better and become more than we are now. This is my prayer that we all look into our lives and find something that could be strengthened! For I promise you all, that as we do so, we will be strengthened by our Father in Heaven and we will be brought closer to our Savior and become more like Him. This will personally teach us more about Him and help us truly know Him better. I would love to hear from you all on experiences and tender mercies as you take this challenge into your lives! Remember to have a vision and to make goals .... come up with a plan and be accountable. Without goals, a plan, and accountability, your vision will just remain a thought. Take that vision and take it to the Father in prayer and He will help you accomplish it! I love you family. You are incredible. The best thing you could ever do for me is to continue loving and living the gospel!

Your Son/Brother
But remember, we are an Eternal Family
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon



No comments:

Post a Comment