Monday, September 8, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 9/8/14) [#51 from Tonga]

Family :)

I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be able to write to you today :) I know I will not have the chance to email you today because I will be going straight from Vika to Haafeva! In letter #50 I was able to express my incredible week and my once in a lifetime chance to serve on the beautiful island of Uiha and Felemea!

Something that has been on my mind a lot is testimony . . . The power behind testimony is truly in it's own category. I would like to share an experience all of my own. Just yesterday, I was in "Felemea" (a town on the small island). We went there to go have bread with an old guy I met from Austria. While we were on the boat to Uiha, we ran into this guy and we helped him bring his bags to his house, so he promised to have us over for some bread! As we took him up on his offer, we sat and talked about life and I was able to bring up the subject of religion. I soon found out that he believes in God and a Savior, but has no faith in a church because he says they are all man made/ We got pretty deep in to the discussion when I tried to start talking about church and bring up certain doctrines we believe in....it was tough. He had excuses and things to throw at me for everything I brought up. I finally felt the spirit whisper to me to bear my testimony to this man and to bear my testimony of what "I" believe! I then started to bearing testimony to him that I know there is a prophet here on the earth today to direct and guide Heavenly Father's church through direct revelations from Heavenly Father himself. I told him about apostles and how the same church that Christ had established on the earth during his ministry has been restored!

I watched the amazement in his eyes as the spirit began to teach him. He no longer made excuses and he stopped throwing our words back. Instead, he listened and at the end, he was speechless.

For the first time in a long time I think his interest in religion has been rekindled. His urge toknow more is there. We had to end there, but tomorrow before going back to Pangai and then to Ha'afeva, I will get to teach him one last time! I know our testimonies are essential for all of us to have and for all of us to survive on in this church, but our testimonies are also our sword in a world that needs to hear the true word of God and His gospel. May we ever be so daring to use it in the time of need. This is my prayer and my hope in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I know it wasn't long, but I hope you know I though about you! I love you!

Your Brother and Son
But remember we are a Forever Family
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon


Ha'afeva Island 
Ha'afeva Island

Uiha Island


No comments:

Post a Comment