Sunday, October 5, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 10/5/2014)

Feels like something new!!! Am I still in Ha'apai? :)

Family and Loved Ones!!!!! 

This week has been full of amazing tender mercies of the Lord in Ha'apai.  It has been a completely different experience than the previous two months. I saw unity and I felt the hastening powers of missionary work been done the Lord’s way as we were able to work unitedly with the members. It’s a whole new feeling of happiness and joy when we are able to actually share our message with the beautiful people of Tonga.  I have not experienced the people being so hard to teach since I have been in Noapapu.  The people here are really shy and often embarrassed being seen with the missionaries.  It’s one of the hardest difficulties being able to teach someone. And another interesting thing is most families have someone that either grew up in the church but married outside of the church or some that are converts and left the church. I thought at the beginning these would be the easiest to teach, but in reality they have turned out to be some of the hardest houses to get into. 

However, this week we truly saw a tender mercy as a girl from Tonga named Helen came here for work. She is a doctor. As she treats people, instead of having them pay money for her service, she tells them to go listen to the missionaries.  So we did a huge program all week where all the missionaries from Ha'apai (except Berry and Freer) came to the church every day at 7 and we taught tons of investigators!!!! We had 65 people every day!!!!! We were able to be instruments in the hand of the Lord. It is a true miracle that we were able to bring the true message of the gospel of Jesus Christ to so many people at one time. We were able to answer so many questions and straighten out so many things that people thought about the church. I was able to teach in a couple different groups. So when I would change groups, the ladies would be like “we want our palangi back” – hahahaha, it was so funny. It felt special that these cute old ladies wanted me to come teach them. Haha they would always ask me to talk Tongan to them. At the end of the week on Friday we did a big musical fireside and the spirit was very strong and there were some amazing solos and songs sung......we also had to sing a song as missionaries, it was a pretty cool experience.  It was a special moment looking out at all of our investigators and seeing the light shine in all their eyes. 

We are continuing to teach this week. Since there are so many people, we are teaching the lessons really slow.  I’m excited to see the miracles that are about to take place in Ha'apai.  

It rained!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awe biggest tender mercy for these people. All of their water tanks were out of water!!!!!!!!! Such a sweet tender mercy! 

So we received a couple from Ogden Utah. They are here to help build new houses for the people. They are the nicest people. Their name is Delong. He is a famous painter...... so maybe I can talk him into making me a cool picture hahaha:) 

Oh, I also received my package. I am so so grateful!!!! Thank you so much for everything. It’s so nice to be able to have a camera and finally be able to see with glasses...... and we have already killed two chickens with the knife.....yummy:) hahahaha but thank you for everything!!!!!! Love you all. 

I would love it if you would all take the time to read Doctrine & Covenants 76:51-60. My faviorite part is the last verse!!!! Te tau lava ke ikunai ae ngaahi mea kotoa pe!   What a beautiful promise!!!!!!

momma"dude"
Brooklin SYST
FOR REMEMBER ALWAYS WE ARE AN ETERNAL FAMILY ♥










No comments:

Post a Comment