Sunday, October 19, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 10/19/2014)

Toe nofo pe a maua!!!!! (Were staying again!)

Hahahaha well we aren’t really sure to be honest we were supposed to have a transfer yesterday, but it really didn’t take place hahaha. We were supposed to do it right now because Monty Schaap's MTC group comes in on the 22nd.....but we will see if any of us actually leave!!! Haha, I think everyone will end up staying in Ha'apai, but it’s alright I love the people and the area, even though the area is really hard.

We now have 14 elders and 2 sisters in Ha'apai .... so district meetings are more full now. This last week President came up and did an awesome meeting with all of us. It was so full of the spirit and afterwards we were able to all have personal interviews with him. He was able to give me guidance for my area and for myself and also guidance for my district.  It felt really good to see my mission president. I don’t think it happens out here as it does in most missions. I think I’ll see him a total of 20 times when I’m done.....

We were able to have our musical fireside yesterday, and it was very beautiful. The down side was that  not one person in our ward invited someone to attend....... haha yeah it was a big bummer. I did give a short talk and Tu'itavuki and I sang “I Need Thee Every Hour” in Tongan..... it was pretty cool;) I have fallen in love with my ward. If there were a group of people that I want you all to meet one day its these people here in Ha'apai, they are amazing!!!!! They truly make me feel like this here is my home. I truly wish for you all to see it here someday.Who knows, maybe Brandon will be a billionaire and can fly us all here one day.

So, our bishop is supposed to come back here today!!! It has been sense my first week here since I have seen him. So that is exciting!!!! I just wrote letter #56 yesterday and started #57 today, so I’m a little written out hahaha........ I’m excited for you all to get letters 54-57 I will probably send them here in the next week!!!!! It’s  just hard, because I always have to wait and find someone I trust so they actually make it to you haha.

I have been super excited to see the work in Ha'apai improve since I have been here. If it’s improving on this little island, I can’t imagine how much progress it must be making in the rest the world!!!!!! For Heavenly Father’s work is hastening!!!!! Pangai is still getting there, but my companion and I will make it happen if the Lord says it is time. For nothing can happen without his hand!!!!

We are currently working with one progressing investigator and several others who aren’t quite progressing. Our progressing investigators name is Uhila. He is about 35yrs old and he has 4 brothers - all in other countries playing rugby and one brother here in Ha'apai that is paralyzed from rugby. His brother is a member. Uhila seems to know a lot about the church and seems to believe but doesn't yet have the faith to give up some of the worldly things like drinking and smoking. However, he is someone that I could honestly see the gospel changing his life. This is where faith, prayer, fasting and completely relying on the Lord comes in. There is no way that me, nor him is going to break that habit for him. Only the hand from somewhere higher can bring that healing. But first we must find and build faith with Uhila.  I love the opportunity to work with God’s children.  It’s a big responsibility. I have thought a lot lately about the saying, “Where much is given much is required!!!” For this is my duty and how grateful I am for it!

I love you all and hope all is well!!!!!

mom "dude"
Brooklin Syst











No comments:

Post a Comment