♡Famili:)...pehe foki kihe ha niihi kohi te nau lau pea fanongo kihe imeli koeni (and all the others that will be able to read and hear this email) . I love every one of you!!!!! This week has been full of trials and things to learn from. Yesterday, I wrote a letter that covers a lot of what took place. So for right now, I would like to focus on a short email that might be able to encourage those of you that hear it. I hope it gives you some motivation to anyone that might need it.
I would like to talk about being a missionary. This past week has made me look at my life and look at where I started and look at where I am now. It has given me perspectives I never would have seen unless I would have taken this path of being a missionary. Priesthood holders prepare now for what will be the best two years FOR your life. Become worthy if needed, give time and sacrifice the things of the world that are holding you back if necessary. For I tell you these things from experience. You will not engage in any work more powerful than this and you will never share a more important and powerful message than the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!
As I have been able to be a missionary, I have seen miracles and I have witnessed lives changed. I have seen new found commitments in people wanting to become better, including myself. I have witnessed this conversion in so many people, but I have seen this conversion take place mostly within myself. Young men, we owe it to our families, our future children, and our future wife's. But brethren we also owe it to ourselves to become men built on the rock of our redeemer. For as we do His work and we start to walk paths that He has walked, then will our eyes be opened. This is my prayer--that all of our young abled men decide now to put your shoulder to the plow and commit to serving the lord and giving yourself to Him. There are so many reasons, good reasons why it could be hard to get on a mission--but none is of greater purpose and none should come before the Master. For as you sacrifice for the work of the Lord, you shall see the many mighty tender mercies of the Lord. For He will build you, He will shape you, He will guide you. It will not be easy, for nothing of great worth is easy to obtain. Sometimes you will fall, but our Savior will be there to pick you back up. This is the process we must learn to lean on in order to come close to our Savior. For without Him, we can accomplish nothing of any worth. I bare solid witness He will never leave you.
And his hand is stretched out still. Come unto Him. Give Him your all and prepare for this once in a life time opportunity to change people’s lives by bringing others unto the light of the gospel and to help those return back to the fold. As I close, I feel impressed to share with you an experience I was given the other day. If you recall, I recently shared the experience of an investigator named Tevita Tongaoneva. This was a man I was able to teach in the past while I was on a companionship exchange. I had the opportunity to teach the first two lessons to Tevita. These lessons were an incredible experience and full of the spirit of the Lord. At the time, I told him later that day that I would be returning to my area. He expressed his thanks to me and said that I had changed his life forever. At the time, I didn't know for sure he would be baptized (even though it felt like it, I had all the faith he would). Well, anyway….I was able to attend a fireside the other day as he gave a talk (which means yes he was baptized!!!:) and bore testimony with power and conviction. He said that he is preparing to seal his family for eternity in the Nuku'alofa temple next year!!! Then he looked at me in the crowd and he said my name and thanked me and said that because I sacrificed to come from America and leave my family that I had changed his life forever.....
My friends, my brothers--any of you that read this and have doubt, or are second guessing this great opportunity…STOP and prepare now! God is preparing His people and He has called you to the work! Not just some of you! I bare testimony that God will provide a way, if you seek Him, He will guide you and the doors of light and strength will be opened unto you. Some of you may be thinking--awe the mission thing and the mission life is not for me, oh but it is, and it is my prayer that you may be able to see so now. May we all fulfill our responsibilities with faith and trust in the lord, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love you all
Mom"dude"
Brooklin "SYST
No comments:
Post a Comment