Monday, October 20, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 10/20/14) [#57 from Tonga]

Family :)

Well, we just found out transfers and I will be staying here in Ha'apai at least until next transfer which won't be until the 15th of December. We are doing an 8 week transfer because things kind of got all messed up with the intakes from the various MTCs. We now have a lot of Elders and Sisters in our mission waiting for their visa to go to other countries. So, we have an overflow of missionaries:) So, it's amazing to see an increase of missionaries! 88,000 missionaries is incredible!!

This next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy because our APs both finish in 2 weeks and our four zone leaders are finishing at the same time, so we are losing all of the zone leaders that were here when I first arrived in Tonga. Time is really starting to change and it's my intake this is turning into the Senior Class )

To be hones this week was one of the slowest weeks I have had here in Ha'apai. We didn't have many people to teach and the weather was terrible. We had 3 days in a row where our power was knocked out by the lighting. But all of our craziness of the week with all the different things going on, we had a really cool experience with one of our investigators (Finow Taumespeau). She is actually our next door neighbor. She is the wife of one of the head missionaries for the other church here (Methodist Church). Anyway, we went to her house last week and we taught her the first lesson and she was very responsive to our message. She started to even read the Book of Mormon in front of us and she got really excited. Well, the next time we went over we brought up the Book of Mormon and started to ask her inspired questions. My companion and I were really clicking and were able to answer her questions and her needs through the spirit. She didn't read the Book of Mormon liked we had hoped, but we were able to start reading with her and pointing out similarities from the Book of Mormon and the Bible. We were able to share with her how it truly is another testament of Jesus Christ! I know that the spirit is able to speak to us when we open our hearts and minds and read the Book of Mormon!

I truly feel Heavenly Father's love when I read and ponder on the things that I have read. I know this isn't a super long letter, but I'm running out of paper and I still have one letter to write before I can buy new paper! So, next week I will be able to go back to longer letters! :)

Before I finish, I want to say one last thing and it concerns Brandon and Brooke (mostly) but we can all use it.

Free yourselves from the pull of technology. I know that there is so much good in technology and it is so convenient. But, lately as I walk down the roads, I see people that can't walk without holding the phone...I see missionaries that have to have the phone in their hands 24x7. Don't be that person. Experience life and enjoy the details. Look people in the eyes and find the fullness in life. Give up gaming so that you can enjoy the beauties of life! I know you both are awesome, but I also know that I had a little addition to my phone and my times, I wish I could go back and put the phone in the pocket and spend the time enjoying lively conversations and life itself!

I love you all so much! Your my family for Eternity!

Your Son/Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment