Family!
Wow, so it's only been a couple of days since I last wrote you. I don't want to fall behind in writing you letters, but when I was on email with you, I wasn't able to respond to any of your emails. So, I just want to take the time to do so now. I'll start with mom. I remember that you told me about Paige's reception/shower and you talked about her mission. I think its cool to see that you and Brooke were able to go have the last encounter with her. I find it crazy that the first girl I ever kissed is now getting married - hahaha. That's when I know I am starting to get old! Wow, I just barely noticed that she isn't 20 until the 21st of September. I never thought she would have gotten married that early! But, she is very similar to Cassidy McCallister in that they are both very mature for their ages and I know that they are both "battlers" and they will both have successful marriages!
Dad, I was very touched by your email and the tender mercies of the Lord you were able to feel. How incredible that you were able to meet someone from the same place where I had been serving for the last 6 months. Especially in how it is on the other side of the world! The Lord really is looking out for my beautiful family. Before the mission, everyone talks about the beautiful blessings of our Heavenly Father and how he will bless our families if we serve him! But, you never understand how much until you actually get out in the mission field and witness it first hand. There is no better feeling in the world than to see blessings being poured down on my family! I can truly feel how it will be for me as a father one day and just thriving as I see my family blessed in the gospel!
Okay Brandon, your car is so so so sick! That was so hard for me not to just go off on e-mail about it! Awe, it was awesome that you and Dad got a good one. What size are the subs in the back? What size is the amp? I bet it just pounds with it being a hatch back! So, it's the GT version. Does it have the v6 or is it a 4 cylinder? It looks fun Bro! Make smart choices in it!!:) I would love to hear all the details! I think I saw that it was an automatic. That will be better for the snow! Is it front wheel or rear wheel drive? How many seats does it have? How fast is it? Does it have an exhaust on it? Do you want me to get you neon for it? Aw, it's way cool you got it right before your senior year! Crazy to see that school is already starting up & then when it's over, I will be about a month and a half from being back. Time is just flying!!!
Oh, so Ha'apai is kinda like Vava'u. I have to put all my letters on the boat. Then they get sent to the mission office and then they get sent to all of you :) So, I imagine it will be a month long process! I only send them to the office every month or so which means that all 4 letters will come an once each month. I know that it is not as convenient as it was for us when I was in Tonga, but hopefully, all the letters will eventually make it! In fact, I know they will, it's just a mater of 'time'!
Nothing is really new over the last three days. We just had our first Zone meeting in Ha'apai. I was actually really good! I got to teach and it just happened to be a topic that I have been studying a lot lately! Dad, when you sent me the talk about "Hope", I got really into it and studied it like crazy! I then got asked to teach it! So it was pretty good to be able to share what I had learned with everything! My comprehension of hope has been so broadened and strengthened!
So, on email, I remember dad telling me that I was supposed to followup with a story from letter #46, but honestly, I can't remember. I have been so busy switching to a new area! Haha, Tonga is really hard to switch, especially when switching islands! Read the Koilipoki book. He describes it really well as he is on the boat back from Niua!
I am excited to see what I can do to change this area! Did I tell you this is the exact area Kolipoki spent the last 2 years of his mission as the Branch President? So, I am living it! The Koilipoki Life!
I love you all. Sorry things are busy here. I just wanted you all to know that I appreciated the emails!
Mom, I had a really strong impression I needed to let you know that I love you so much and appreciate you so much. I know our moms need to hear it more than anyone, but out of all the emails and letters, sometimes it's hard for the love to be felt directly or the care and gratefulness, Just know momma that I love you and you are my momma forever and no one could replace the love I have for you! No one could take that feeling I have for you. For, when I am in your arms I feel home, and for when I hear your voice I feel comfort, for that is why you were always my greatest cheerleader! Thank you for your support and care and for your thrill in my passions and in my successes! I wish I just could sit on email for hours and respond to all your e-mails and tell you thank you and sincerely respond to all your kind thoughts and stories, but it's just impossible. So, just know they mean the world to me. This goes for Dad too! Thank you for the e-mails. Your efforts and thoughts have not gone unnoticed! They build me up incredibly and give me courage and strength to be the missionary I need to be!
Your Son/Brother
Elder Harmon
P.S. Did I ever tell you I stepped on a nail and it went through my foot about a month ago? .... Well, it finally healed! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment