Elder Blake Daniel Harmon was called to serve in the Nuku'alofa Tonga Mission.
He began his service on July 31, 2013. He arrived in Tonga on September 10, 2013. He will be home on July 11, 2015. He is currently serving in Touliki with Elder Hafoka. What an amazing experience he is having!!!
Sunday, August 24, 2014
E-mail (Dated: 8/24/2014)
Life in Kolipoki’s Shoes
Hey Family and my loved ones!!!!
Life in Kolipoki’s shoes has been much different that I imagined it to be.... Ha'apai is very beautiful and the people are incredible. I already feel like family. In other areas it took me a while to get used to the area and the people, but I already feel like part of the family here in Pangai. Yesterday after our meetings we went and sat on the beach and watched the sunset. I was able to take it all in. Brooklin can attest that I said this a lot back at home (Take it all in and enjoy it, because you never get that moment back!), but as a missionary it sometimes is hard to just sit and take it all in, the moments and the trials and the feelings of it all. But as I sat on the beach I was able to take in my blessings, my tender mercies and this “Once in a Life-Time” opportunity. I am serving in the area Kolipoki served in for the last 2 years of his mission, in the exact area and with a lot of the same people. I am so blessed to serve with the beautiful people of Tonga and in their sacred islands. There is a spirit here that cannot be felt anywhere else in the world, for this is a Land Dedicated to God.
Some cool things that have happened here is that we have been able to give a lot of amazing blessings to a lot of people, everyone has been sick.... it’s crazy no one was at church because so many are sick, but we have seen a lot of miracles!!!!!
So this week we were able to start teaching a family - Palee's Family. They are a young family, but they are very strong in the church of Tonga. The father is a future preacher for the church. But, we knocked on their door and they accepted us in and we were able to share with them the first lesson. The spirit was so strong. Palee told us that we have been an answer to his and his family’s prayers. We are continuing to teach them later this week when he gets back from Kavai a tiny motu(island). When we taught about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, it was powerful! I just love reciting the first vision, it’s so powerful!!!!! But, their family filled with tears as we were able to testify that there is a true prophet here on the earth today!!!! So incredible!!!! We continue to search and to share, for I have felt that this is why I am here on the earth, to spread and share this message to everyone and let everyone feel the light of this gospel!!!!!!
I can’t remember if I wrote this in a letter or not, but just the other day I was on the beach with Berry and Freer and my companion, waiting for the boat to come take them, when a guy from Czech Republic came up and started asking us questions about where the nearest scuba diving area was but we didn't know. However, we got talking, and I pulled out an English pass along card that I have been saving for an experience like this, and I was able to bear testimony to him about the Book of Mormon and that there is a prophet and apostles on the earth today. He got excited and asked if the Book of Mormon could be sent to him in New Zealand to his new house. We gave him the email address and told him he could even get it in his native tongue and he was so so excited. Just a powerful experience in following the spirit and inviting others to follow Christ!
Love you all ,
Mom :dude"
Brooklin SYST
P.S.
My companion is awesome, he is from West Jordan and went to Copper Hills. He is about 6'5" and is an artist, plays sports.....he is a really cool guy. He is actually from the same ward as Lavaka and Laos back in Utah, so it's cool!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment