I have had some pretty incredible experiences this week. I wish they were captured on camera so that you could see and experience them all. I will just take you all back in time to show you, for I know you would all feel the spirit burning in you chest testifying of the truthfulness of this gospel!!!! I know that through doing the Savior's work, He truly strengthens us in spiritually and physically.
This week started with me getting the opportunity to have family night with my first counselor and three people from America. I wrote a big letter all about it, but lets just say the experience was incredible! I had a strong feeling that I was going to get moved this transfer, even though I wanted to stay for a lot of reasons. So, I was determined to make sure we went knocking on all the doors:) We actually got into a few family's homes, some were interested, some we found out were baptized but they changed churches when they got married. It opened a lot of doors for us to bring the spirit into their lives!!!!! I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to plant those seeds of growth. We have two new families now that we are teaching and will continue to be taught:)
I also said goodbye to my favorite Tongan missionary from Australia. He has been my zone leader in Sopu, his name is Elder Nuku, he finished this week!!!! But we got a new zone leader. You'll never guess who it is!!!!! ELDER HARRIS! We came in together and we were companions while I waited to go to Vava'u last year!!!! It was an awesome reunion!!!! I remember how we were so close before I went to Vava'u and it was hard to separate. He was also the one that I sat on the plane with to Tonga!!!! But just on Sunday, we got asked by the people from America, to hold a fireside for them. Me and Harris gave talks and told about our mission experience. I felt like it was my home coming talk, giving it in English and seeing a bunch of 18-19 year old boys and girls!!!! It was amazing! The spirit was so strong and me and Harris really compliment each other! I would love to serve by his side in the future. Anyway, Harris gave me a call last night, and I will be serving in HA'APAI in PONGAI.....
(Dad Comment: This is a video I found that shows some of the life on Ha'apai. Don't know how real it is to today, but Blake can tell us when he gets home.)
There are about 8 missionaries in Pangai. I have been called as the District Leader. I have to admit that I'm really nervous. But, like my patriarchal blessing says, I can only grow through accepting callings and learning from them! I'm excited for this opportunity. I fly on a small plane there tomorrow! My companion is Elder Tuitavuki from Salt lake. He went to school at Copper Hills and came in with Elder Arcos. He also lives in Elder Lao's ward. I'm excited and we will have a blast together. Also, Elder Berry and Elder Freer are companions on Ha'apai in my district!!!! Elder Lotulelei and Elder Lao are companions here in Tonga together. How funny is that! MTC companions back together!!!! Anyway, love you guys and please pray for me hahaha....
Mom"dude"
Brooklin "SYST"
| So, I am very tight with this guy at the pizza place. When I told him I was moving, he made me a pizza for free!! |
![]() |
| Pictures of Pangai in Ha'apai |












No comments:
Post a Comment