Sunday, August 3, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 8/3/2014)

Hey Family and My Beautiful Friends!

Wow so this week started really well! Teachings all worked out and we were on a roll. Our lessons were awesome and our Investigators are progressing amazingly! They all have an amazing drive to listen and feel the spirit and to follow our Saviors example!!!

Taine, still doesn't have his birth certificate, but he continues to listen to our message and to come to church. His situation makes me want to cry every time we see him! We actually went around and collected clothes for him at the members houses to give to him because every day this week he wore the same old t-shirt to our lessons. We are doing our best to help out, along with helping him come unto Christ!

This week we taught one of our investigators whose name is Vili. During our first lesson we invited him to be baptized, but he just told us he needs to ponder it. At the end of the lesson we gave him a pamphlet about the plan of salvation and told him that we would be teaching him next time about where he came from, his purpose on earth, and where he is going!!!! He took it very seriously. The next lesson, he knew the answers by heart and was very involved in the lesson. He felt the spirit! At the end of the lesson we invited him to be baptized and he told us he thought about it and he wants to be baptized! He is 22 this year. I can't explain the happiness and joy that I know that this will bring him for the rest of his life and the path that he will now take. It will change his life from now on into the eternities!

Moses...he is incredible! It brings tears to my eyes to think about his devotion and love for his Heavenly Father. His testimony is so so strong and his obedience with exactness is inspirational. He was baptized on Saturday and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday, He told me his goals are to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead. I want to be here to do that with him, but I know everything is the Lord's timing and the Lord's way. He will take care of things. I have been here since February, so I think this transfer there is a good chance I am leaving. We will see.

Now I want to share an experience close to my heart. The experience that made being away from you all worth it.

On Saturday, we took Sioeli, Siupeli and Vaka to the temple and did baptisms for the dead. I have never had such a tender experience in my life. As I stood in the baptismal font watching my BROTHERSs walk down into the font, AND having the picture of Jesus (salvation pic) behind them. The power was undeniable. I know families are FOREVER. I put every single one of your names in the temple. I want you to know I love you!

Family, We Are Eternal

P.S. By the way there are 27 Americans here from Utah and New York and they are having a family evening tonight at our church and I'm teaching because I'm the only white person. They are here building houses for people!!



Elder Harmon and Moses
Elder Harmon, Elder Noa, and the Uncle of Elder Noa at the Tongan Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment