Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
There is no other holiday that could make me think more about all of you. My understanding and feelings for the family have been opened. I feel like I have always been someone who loves family, but when I came on a mission, I realized that love just doesn't seem to do it justice. Family is so much more than one work, it has to do with sacrifice, hard work, and support. Being there when no one else is. Family is the only thing on this earth that we are able to take into the next life besides our experiences and knowledge, and it is the only thing that can last forever!
I constantly thin about my relationship I have with each of you personally and my heart swells with gratitude and my eyes fill to the lid and begin to over flow. Each one of your names are imprinted upon my heart. I think there is no better feeling in the world than that of my P-Days when I get online, and I see an email from my mom or dad that says, "Son!!" I hold so much pride in my family. I seem to brag about each of you individually, haha, like literally. I hold you all with so much pride in my heart, no one has a better family than mine! Haha, I am always carrying around my flash drive and showing off my little brother's dance videos. I get constant comments from people in my MTC intake and they all ask Harmon why and how does your mom know every single mom in the mission. I reply with, "Awe, man. If you only know my momma. She is incredible. She is always partying with me and my friends back home. She honestly cares for all of my friends as if they were her own kid and family. Softest heart ever!
I constantly share with companions, districts, and zones and everyone I get a chance with ... the advice my Dad gives me. I continue to share with others his talks and advice because he is my true role model.
I think Brittany is going to be flooded with new customers at Great Clips when everyone starts returning from my mission because I talk about her so much. I always have Brittany as a boost to me by my side.
I can't tell you how many Elders I have met that want to date Brooke. I always say, "But she is only 13 years old...maybe your younger brothers will be able to date her, haha!"
Michael, I always talk about how incredibly strong you are. I love to share your life story to those around me because it is so inspiring!
Family, I am so so grateful for you! I want you to know how much we have bakc home. We have been given so so much! We have been blessed with a warm home, running water, clean floors, chairs, doors, ovens, beds, warm showers, cars, so so much....!
Some of us, like me, actually have to come out and live in more dire circumstances in order to be humbled and to recognize what we have. But, take my word for it, I want you to know how much we have been given! You family, have been given so very much, physically, but more importantly, spiritually! We are so blessed to have this eternal gospel and to know, really know that we have a living and loving Heavenly Father that loves us all so much that He gave His only begotten son to die for us "personally". How amazing is it to know that because of Christ, we can start over every day. We can become like Him through His atonement! How blessed are we to know that we have the word of God. We can even pull it up on our phones so that we can access it always.
Family, we have a living prophet that receives revelation from God!
Family, we have been given everything!
Share this gospel! That is our job!
D&C 18:32
"And, behold, you are they who are ordained of me to ordain priests and teachers; to declare my gospel, according to the power of the Holy Ghost which is in you, and according to the callings and gifts of God unto men"
Family, pray to our Heavenly Father and find out who it is that you need to bring unto Christ. Remember that He prepares the hearts of His people.
Alma 16:16
"And there was no inequality among them; the Lord did pour out his Spirit on all the face of the land to prepare the minds of the children of men, or to prepare their hearts to receive the word which should be taught among them at the time of his coming"
I Love You All!
Your Son & Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

No comments:
Post a Comment