Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 11/9/2014) [#60 from Tonga]

Family,

This has really been such as crazy and different week for me with lots of extra responsibilities, but we all know that this is not a bad thing whether in life or in the church. I just gives us more opportunity to learn and to grow! You probably figured out by now that I write my letters throughout my weeks. So, the date never really is the actual day that I finish the letter.

On Monday this week, we were able to pass out all of the amazing goods brought in from Utah to help the people of Ha'apai. It was so incredible! There were 87 boxes (8 feet by 5 feet) filled with rice, sugar, laundry detergent, flour, medical supplies, etc. It is certainly what Ha'apai needed! We worked all day long unloading and unloading. The spirit of giving was there and the spirit of thanksgiving brought and overflow of joy! This is a very special Thanksgiving month where I am able to see so much humbleness of heart and people willing to give everything they have for another. I was touched many times as the villages of Ha'apai would fee the people from Utah. Every meal was in thanks for what services they were rendering, but these were not small meals, the people of Ha'apai sacrificed to give so much of what they had.

Tuesday was a test for me. It was my first official day being a Zone Leader. We had our zone meeting with our zone, which went beautifully. Half way through the meeting, Elder Swan walked in to join the other four of us from our district/zone. Wow, what a choice experience it was to be reunited with so many at a time! Heavenly Father is truly blessing us and is so mindful of our efforts, and our hearts! SO GRATEFUL TO HIM!

As for my new area, ti is called Koulo and we cover a branch called Fangale'ounga and a little Island called Kavai. Koulo has about 10 families that are members and that is 50% of the village. Fangale'ounga has only 7 families that are members and that is 75% of the village. Kavai I am not sure about yet. We only go out there when we are called out to teach someone.

I really like the people. It's nice because we are neighbors with Pangai, so I still see my old members a lot! The new members are fun! There is actually a family here that made my birthday cake for me when I served in Matahau with Elder Latai. He actually stood and bore testimony to the members today and he said that he knew how well Elder Latai and I worked in Matahau. He told the members that he is excited to see what difference we can make here in Koulo. I have the feeling that this will be a tough area because there has only been one baptism the entire last year here in the ward. We are ready to set some new standards for the work!

I love you all and I am so grateful for your support and constant love!

P.S. I am sorry for this past week not being able to e-mail. It was super crazy! I love you all so much!

P.S. We are working with four new investigators. I'll tell you about it online tomorrow!

Your Son/Brother
Remember in your hearts and mind that we are and eternal family!

Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment