Hey Family!!!!
Haha I am still laughing my head off thinking about Brooklin running on the side of the freeway back to her companion.....story that she will remember forever. But what an incredible week to be a servant of our Heavenly Father!!!! It has been a very busy week, but it has also been a week where I have been able to learn a lot about myself and who Heavenly Father is trying to help me become, as well as the missionary he needs me to be to do His work.
On Tuesday, I was able to have my companionship exchange with Elder Swan in Koulo. He needs to be my companion hahaha... It is incredible to see the Lord's work be done when you have two hearts devoted to the work... We were able to do some really amazing things together!!!! We contacted a family that was referred to us by another family. It was amazing to see the desires of the family's hearts to hear about our message....Then, the next day we were told by the man of the house that they do not want us to come back over again. So, we are trying to take a new approach with them now..... it's really good though because their fellowshiper is not ready to give up on them and neither are we!!!!! I came across something that really was powerful that helped me understand what it is that I need to do to help this family...as I was doing my personal study...right after I prayed about how I was suppose to help this family, I came across a little video clip in the Book of Mormon presentation video. It compares almost the exact situation to what we had to Nephi's story. Then it gives examples and answers. It was a complete answer and couldn't have been a better answer to my prayers!!!!!
Next, since Swan and I had covered the whole area in less than an hour....and we still had a lot of time left... Elder Swan said there is something that he had always wanted to do but none of his other companions had been willing to try. That activity is street contacting.
If you know anything about Ha'apai, there are not very many people to street contact, if any at all. As we went about we found a family that we were able to teach and we shared the Book of Mormon with them. We bore solid witness about its truth and power. While we were walking...looking for who to give our second book to, we ran into a lady and her small child on the side of the airport waiting for a ride to town. We went up and started with just some small talk. In Tonga it's really easy to just walk up and talk with people, because people are so friendly and its not out of the ordinary. I started talking about our church and asking her questions and she told me that she knew a lot about our church and right at that moment Swan came in perfectly with the Book of Mormon, and we were able to share it with her and set up a time with her family to be taught!!!! The Lord provided us with beautiful opportunities to share the spirit of this beautiful gospel with others!!!!
I was able to go to the airport to take one of the Seventies and Area Seventies to the airport. While I was there, I ran into a man from Sweden and I was able to share with him this gospel. One of my goals on the mission has been to be prepared for anything....especially with English materials because you just never know. I bore testimony and he said that he will get a Book of Mormon in his own language and read it. I know the power that the spirit has and the influence it can bring to the lives of others!
President Tupou came this week and we were like his little taxi car for a couple days, so it was fun being able to have good conversations with our mission president and to be renewed with spiritual guidance!!!!! Things are actually really hard here being a zone leader. Probably one of the hardest times of my life. But God knows us all individually and He must be trying to prepare me for something!!
I love you all so much!!!
Your Elder Harmon
BLAKE DANIEL HARMON
MOM "Dude"
Brooklin SYST REMEMBER FAMILIES ARE ETERNAL



No comments:
Post a Comment