Monday, November 17, 2014

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 11/17/14) [#61 from Tonga]

Family,

Wow family, these weeks seem to be going by sooo sooo quickly. I don't seem to be able to keep up with the time. I finish one letter and the next day feels like I am writing another. I think back on this week and the work that comes to mind is "TESTIMONY".

When is the last time you have been tested? When is the last time you had a trial? How did you plan to overcome your trail? How did you actually end up conquering your trial? How did these trials change your live? Did they make you stronger? Did you learn from them? Do you know why you had them? Did you rely on the Lord? These questions constantly flowed through my mind this week. I honestly  have not had a more hard time mentally in my entire mission and definitely a hard working area. Socially, this has to be the most difficult it has been for me. But over all, while it may be the most difficult, I know how to deal with the challenges 100% better than I would have a year ago.

The Lord truly prepares us for our trials and he really knows how to prepare us to become the leaders and men that God needs us to be in his church! As much as I would love to vent and go on about the difficulties of my trials, to tell you the truth, it does not matter. What does matter is that there was a way I was able to get through them. There was someone that made it possible. Our Savior is the only one that knows. He is truly the only one that knows what we are going through. I heard a quote from Elder Swan today. He said, "The only way to know the true power of temptations is never to fall to them."

Our Savior knows every temptation because He never fell to anything. He was/is perfect! As obedience is kept here in Tonga, I feel I am beginning to understand our Savior a lot more. At times, I cannot imagine how alone He must have felt to have His own people turn on Him and to have so many hearts betray Him. In my mission, I have seen obedience as a big challenge. It is very difficult and it is really painful when those that are on on your same team (missionaries) are the very ones that struggle to be obedient.

Dad, I know the only way to do something is to do it right and I know the Savior truly loves the missionaries and tries to teach them through love and that He wants us as we lead to lead through love. I really try to live the scripture, D&C 121:42 "By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile—" I have to admit though that sometimes, I fail to do things out of/with pure love. I have so much to improve upon, but I am constantly trying to do the right thing out of love.

Family, being a Zone Leader is very busy, so I am sorry for the short letter. I will try to keep you updated through e-mail too. Just remember that we will have eternity to talk, but I only have 7 months and 7 days to live this experience. Just trying to make sure my family gets to live a piece of it with me because you mean everything to me!

Love you all!
Your Son/Brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

Your Eternal Brother & Son

No comments:

Post a Comment