Family :)
I have been pretty excited all week to tell you all about my week. It is April 12th. I am just about to go to the first Sunday session of General Conference. My heart is full of love for my family. The teachings so far have been centered so much on the family. It has given me a lot of time to reflect on the blessings I have received as a member of the Harmon Family and it has given me a lot of time to think about the strong foundation on which we are built (the Savior). My favorite talk so far has been Sister Burton. I love how she talked about the roles of fathers and mothers being so important. "Thee lift me, I will lift thee and we will ascend together." I look at the incredible examples I have had for parents and it is remarkable how blessed i have been. As we look around us, there is so much attacking of the family. We truly need to be checking ourselves every day. Something that truly caught my heart is when Henry B Eyring said that when we pray for our families and with our families, "They will know what time it is at home." I know my purpose right now is to become the type of man and priesthood holder that is worthy enough for the wife that is being prepared for me....and to become the father that can be a role model for good to my children. So, at the end of it all, they can say I want to be like my Dad, and I will be happy.....Just like I can say that about my father. So, I loved conference. I cannot wait to spend the next one with all of you! Priesthood session is just not the same without being in Utah.....hahaha.
This all has a really fun connection to my week though. On Tuesday, April 7th, we got to go to the temple with Veisinia and Mele, our investigators. Veisinia is probably 32 years old. She has two kids and is married to a guy named Semi. He is always "busy" with work. Mele is 20 years old and is just trying to figure out life. Well, it was a really tender experience for both of them. We got to go inside the visiting room and learn a little more from the temple president (langi). It was very spiritual and the president promised some amazing blessings! I could feel the spirit testifying to them. Afterwards, we went outside and walked around the temple and we talked about their desires and opes for their families. I twas really cool. I know it would have made the effort meant a lot more if Veisinia's husband Semi would have made the effort to come. The following day, we were able to follow-up and talk with them on what they experienced and testify of eternal families and our purpose upon this earth.
We had probably my last zone conference with President and Sister Tupou and the two AP's. It's a quarterly meeting they do. It's just like a zone meeting, but instead of me teaching, President and his wife do most of the teaching. We were able to learn a lot. We have been focusing on three talks lately. "How to Become a Preach My Gospel Missionary" -Elder Bednar, "Revelation by the Spirit" -Elder Bednar, and "Raising the Bar" -Elder Ballard. It's been amazing to put these talks into action and see the promised blessing occur in our lives!
This has been a good week. We are headed into the sixth week of the transfer. So, I don't know if I have a new companion now or not. When you get this letter, I probably only have 12 weeks to finish strong!
Love you all so much!
-Your Brother and Son
Blake Daniel Harmon
We are and ETERNAL family!
No comments:
Post a Comment