Sunday, April 26, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 4/26/2015)

Hey Family,

After reading all of your beautiful emails I feel prompted to share quickly with all of you a very special experience I had with one of my less active families. First, let me give you a little back ground about the family. They have five kids and the oldest is 14. They live in a small house. The family struggles to go to church. They seem to have many things that are distracting them from what is most important. The father is usually gone on Sundays and is not really focused on the family. The wife tells us that there is always contention in the home. We have visited them frequently with very little success. This last visit was something of a different result. The spirit was the teacher and not us.....As we we talked with this concerned mother about her family, me and my companion received the the distinct impression to teach about the Book of Mormon and the power that it can have in people's lives and the strength and peace that it can bring. We soon found out that they did not even have a Book of Mormon in their house....(good thing us missionaries have lots) Anyway, it was powerful for me to have the spirit work through me as I was impressed to share a personal expeirence I have had with the Book of Mormon and the importance it has with the family!!!! The spirit was strong as we testified and worked with this beautiful family to commit to the Lord!!!!

This week we had the oppurtunity to have a mission tour with Elder Pierson from the Area Seventy. He came and talked to all of us. It was just what we needed. It was one of the most beautiful talks I have ever listened to. It was about becoming True Disciples of Christ and continuing to be disciples for the rest of our lives!!!

Things are going very well. This week, I met the first white female missionary in Tonga! She was excited to hear I was from American Fork. I am the closet person to her home town she has met in Tonga.

Me and my companion are doing really well, we are becoming one in the work.

I love you all so much!

If you have questions or need anything please let me know!

ELDER HARMON
MOM Dude
BROOKLIN SYST

Elder Crosby and Tu'itavake in my intake 
one of our investigators!!! ( Mele) from eua making donuts!!! 

Saying goodbye to elder Berger, he is done today!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment