Monday, April 20, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 4/20/2015) [#83 from Tonga]

Family,

So fun to be able to hear from you all on e-mail. Sounds like so much is happening! Brooke and Brandon are finishing up their school years. Brandon is going to be a senior!!! Brooke is going to be a 9th grader. These are two years that I remember very well!! Brittany has graduated! So so exciting and probably very stress relieving!! Mom sounds like she has been crazy busy with showers and parties and every other thing that she has going on. Can't even imagine. Dad is looking good, losing lots of weight and working crazy hard at work! Sounds like the summer is going to be just crazy! Brandon's surgery, eagle, trek, etc! It's definitely going to fly by! Brook is going to EFY. It sounds so fun! :) Are you still going w/Michael's little sister? I'm excited for Michael and his opportunity in Chicago! That's a pretty cool opportunity! Looks like you will all be returning right before I get back! I cannot believe all the people that are getting married!! Ally Hardy, Brooke Anderson, Carly Latimer! Crazy, Crazy!

It was a very big shock to hear about David Norton. It was painful to know how hard it was on Brian Lunt. He was such an incredible example to David and he wanted what was best for him. I can't imagine his pain. I need to write him a letter or something. My Mondays are just so short on e-mail & I don't have his mission address. If I don't ask on e-mail, can you send it to me? Please somehow let David's family know I am thinking about them and praying for them.

I cannot believe how fast life can change. We never know when the says are just going to end for us. This past week, I know of four ladies that have passed away in my area. In one week!! Three were pretty old, but one was about 45 with cancer when she passed away. So sad. She had some really young kids. At the funeral, the littlest girl would not stop hugging her mom so that they could close the casket. Broke my heart. The incredible thing though is that there is a plan and this is not the end. This is just the beginning!

So, my zone is very small right now. There are only eight missionaries in my zone! Two sisters and six elders! We have the smallest zone in the whole mission. We are basically the size of a district. We used to have missionaries in Hoomakelikao (the area next to us) but now there are none. So we now have a pretty big area to cover. By the end of the day, we are pretty worn out!!

We have a lot of investigators but the progression part is what we are struggling with. Lots of our investigators have baptismal dates, but we are having to push the dates because they are not yet ready. I pray and fast that we can help them see the importance of keeping the commitments required for baptism. On the other hand, reactivation of our less actives has shot through the roof. I have never reactivated more members in my whole mission. I have felt so much success when I see their smiling faces walk through the church doors! This has truly brought joy to my life!

As for our housing, it has been good. I stomped on a rat the other day. I will have to send you a picture! :) I love you all so much and I am  grateful for your support in my life! I love you so much! You are my eternal family!

- Blake Daniel Harmon
Your Brother and Son and Friend Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment