Hey Family :)
Mom, I bet you are loving the date on this letter! (5 for you, 26 for Brooke, and 14 for me :) You have got to love how into numbers we all are!:) Haha, you would laugh at all the e-mails and letters that Brooklin sends me with numbers in it. She says that she gets it from you mom! Haha:)
What a crazy week I have had! On Tuesday, I had my last day with Elder Arcos, . . . .you really don't understand how fast time really goes until it is taken right from under you! I feel like I was just barely called to be with Arcos, but it has already been an amazing 13 weeks!! I only have so much time with each individual companion, and every single companion I believe is who God wants and needs us to be with.
On Wednesday, I received my first "son" in the mission! Elder Talanoa! He is 20 years old and he is from a place called Vaini here in Tonga! He is fluent in English as well! He is probably the most talented kid I have ever met. He is a track runner and plays rugby! However, his best talents are singing, poetry, and Brandon, this kid can dance like Chris Brown! He is absolutely and insane dancer! He simply can watch something, then do it! Haha, this means that his main goals with me are teaching me how to dance and to sing, haha!....Yeah, we are failing on that so far :) He is so respectful and his personal goals and life purpose is so incredible to watch! He is really such a blessing for me to be able to be his trainer! He calls me "Tamai" which means trainer/father in Tonga. He tells everyone that he has the best trainer ever! It is quite funny! In his interview with President Tupow, before he found out that his companion would be me, President told him that his companion is a "Leka Maka Mooni." In English, the best words I could us to translate his words are "True Stud . . . for real!" Ha, I though that was awesome that President would say that about me! My companion and I are getting along really well. We really have a lot to offer each other. I am having a hard time seeing what it is that I can offer him. I feel like he is the one training me. It is so hard to try and be the trainer over someone that has grown up in this area and has grown up in this culture and with this language! Sometimes I don't feel very capable to training but Talanoa can tell when I get down on myself and he doesn't like that so he will immediately stop everything and put his arm around me and just start giving me compliments and telling me he likes me! I know that one thing I can do is to set him on the right road for the rest of his mission! I have already gotten so many thank yous fro helping him get in the habit of doing morning program and making sure we are doing the right things!
I am happy and grateful for the beautiful opportunities placed before me! I'm glad and proud to call myself a soldier in God's army! I am proud to be able to stand on the same path as my parents.
Your son/brother
But never forget, we are an eternal family!
- Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment