Sunday, May 25, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 5/25/2014)

Hey Everyone, 

Wow what a crazy week I have had this week!!!!! It was my last couple days with Arcos on Monday and Tuesday! Wow has time just passed by! I got my new companion in the mission on Wednesday!!!! My first son in the mission field!!!!!! Wow I feel so so privileged!!! His name is Elder Talanoa, and he is from Vaini here in Tonga!!! He is So incredible you all would love him!!! He has so many incredible talents and is so fun and loving to be around!!!!!! He is amazing!!!!! He is fluent at English, which kinda stinks because he wants to speak English all the time, so it really doesn't help my Tongan, but it really helps us to become close!!!!! He is an incredible poet and his is a fabulous singer!!!!!!! Oh, and Brandon, this kid can dance like Chris Brown.  He has taught break dancing, pop, salsa, ballroom and a lot of other kind of dances.  Yeah, he can be compared to the famous Michael Jackson. . . . . yup that's my companion!!!!! He is also thee most respectful person I have ever met!!!! He just goes around telling everyone how much he loves me and how much of a stud I am.... its actually kinda embarrassing how much he loves to talk about me, but he is incredible!!!!!

I'm definitely so so blessed!!!!! I am especially blessed to have someone that is so excited to work....The first day we just went to about every house in Sopu hahaha.  We just walked and walked and walked hahaha.  We got home that night and my comps feet and legs hurt so bad hahaha, I was like welcome to missionary work:) He smiled and said I love it!!!! We are doing great together and I have already learned so so much from him! He has taught me so much about teaching in the Tongan language and has helped me understand the importance of my calling as a trainer!!!! I'm so excited to do work with him!!!!! This week alone we got two more incredible investigators!!!!! One is from Fiji so we will be teaching her in English.  Wow, how incredible is it that since we are both fluent in English!!!  Aw I love it!!!!! We are surrounded by a lot of the white people that own businesses here, so we are excited to go to houses where no one has been before!!!! We have so many incredible opportunities open to us here!!!!! This week we also started teaching Emeline again.  I don't know if you all remember her, but she is the one whose dad is not letting her be baptized.  However, my companion and I have the faith that is about to change that!!!! We are also continuing to work with Afeti, the 17 year old whose dad wouldn't let him get baptized!!!! I never have realized how great the Tongans faith is until I have been companions with one!!!! It is incredible!!!! I love you all so so much!!!
Mom"Dude" 
Dad and Brooke HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
Love You All!!!!!! 

Elder Talanoa and Elder Harmon


No comments:

Post a Comment