Family:)
Wow, this has been an incredibly intense week. We have been through quite a lot! After we talked to you all on Monday, we jumped on a plan soon afterwards. We had some intense moments as we flew towards Tonga. Just a week before, me and my companion were talking about the Mormon message w/Elder Nielsen and the crashing plane. As the story goes, Elder Nielsen was on a plane when one of the engines blew and everyone on the plane freaked out and some people lost control of their emotions, but he was calm because he was ready to meet his Savior. My companion and I talked about this and asked each other how the other would act in this situation. We both concluded that we would both want to be calm and know that we are guiltless to meet our maker. While we were flying to Tonga, we were close to landing when the alarm went off in the plan and the landing gear would not come down. People on the plane freaked out but as it was going on, my companion and I looked at each other calm & knowing. The plane shook itself until the wheels finally popped out and we were able to land. I learned a very important lesson about always wanting to be ready to meet my Father in Heaven! How important is it that we constantly live in a way that we can be calm and ready to meet our maker.
We had a very good stay in Tonga and I as able to tell you a lot of detail about it in the last e-mail I sent! But, on Wednesday, when we were supposed to return to our area, we were surprised with more plane problems! It was pretty intense when the airport filled with police, fire trucks and even the army showed up with water tanks. I never thought I would see organization like this in Tonga :) As we tried to identify the problem, we soon saw a plane landing with one engine and only one moving propeller! Pretty intense. Good thing they had a good pilot to be able to land the plane! We later found out that it was a volcano eruption of ash that had affected their plane! Anyway, we made it back safely on Thursday to our area. They actually flew us out on a really early flight at 5AM.
Things are going amazingly well. We just got back from Ha'afeva where we were able to go out and teach some branch and district counsels and we were able to teach at some firesides with the first counselor and also President Tupou!
Grateful for these amazing opportunities that I am having and grateful to see the Lord's hand in all I do and am able to do!
Love you all so very much!
Your Son/Brother
Blake Daniel Harmon
Ofa lahi Atu
No comments:
Post a Comment