Sunday, January 25, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 1/25/2015)


Na'e to mahaki 'i homau feitu'u

Family and Friends,

This has been a very full week for Elder Bunting and I. Personally, I have been able to learn a lot and to gain much trust in the Lord. Sometimes, being a zone leader get really busy, really fast!!!! Sometimes we get so caught up being busy with something that is so pointless and something that should not even be on our priority list, that we forget why we are in such a hurry for it all in the first place...

My mountain to climb these last few weeks has been finding ways to love the elders I’m serving with. I need to both serve them and lead them, and at the same time focus on my responsibilities in my areas. I often reflect back to the words of my mission president. He said, “You are not here to serve the missionaries as a zone leader, you are here with the same purpose as they have and that is to Invite others unto Christ and do so by helping them and teaching them the restored gospel.
Time is short here as a missionary. If I have anything that I want to get across today, it is to not waste the Lord’s time. Hard work and having an eye single to our goal is such an important thing to learn and to apply to our daily lives. The Lord works with us and he is with us, but we must be diligent in our works for they are His. I would like to stress the message that an Area Seventy shared with the people of Ha'apai just yesterday. The message was that of “being prepared for a mission.”  It ties in a lot with not wasting time.

I know this message may be hard to hear. I myself was not the most prepared missionary when I came out. Please learn from my mistake and take action! We must learn to become ready for the time that the Lord needs us. I was impressed while reading a letter from a very good friend of mine in Armenia. He talked about determination in this work and talked about how it comes down to how bad you want it. It is when we learn to sacrifice and act with diligence on our righteous desires that we earn a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. This is what I am talking about when I say we must be prepared and we must not waste time. We must strengthen our foundations and we must build our faith now upon the rock of our Redeemer. I want to issue you all a promise about the power of the Book of Mormon. When you read it every day and you come to know it, it will be a protection to you and help you prepare for the mission in which I know you all want to serve.

I hope you understand my point.

To wrap things up I want to share with you a little about my week.....
We were supposed to receive two new elders this week that were to replace Berry and Freer. However, the two boats we own both broke down the same day…..bad luck!!! So, we were not able to make it to Nomuka like we had planned!!!! We were pretty bummed about that.
We had a couple lessons with mama, and we invited her to be baptized but she said that she is unsure. We are keeping her in our prayers and are teaching her again tomorrow.....
We have an investigator that we have been working on for several months that finally came to church yesterday! We were thrilled! It is very cool seeing little tender mercies. We were able to set up new appointments with her!!!! All in all, things are a bit tough right now. But, that’s what makes it all worth it in the end...

Love You All
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
SYST




Freer and Berry Leaving :(



No comments:

Post a Comment