Elder Blake Daniel Harmon was called to serve in the Nuku'alofa Tonga Mission.
He began his service on July 31, 2013. He arrived in Tonga on September 10, 2013. He will be home on July 11, 2015. He is currently serving in Touliki with Elder Hafoka. What an amazing experience he is having!!!
Monday, January 12, 2015
Hand Written Letter (Dated: 1/12/15) [#69 from Tonga]
Hey my beautiful family :) I am excited to be able to tell you a few details on what is going on out here in Ha'apai. We have had a pretty good week! We have been getting quite a few new people to teach. It' s been hard to keep hold of the people we have been teaching. We have taught a few people from New Zealand and they have now returned home. It has been sad to see them leave and to lose them as investigators! Oh, my ADHD is kicking in, but I ran into someone out in Uiha when I was there and they are a family with a rugby player that lived in Sopu when I was there. To help you remember, he normally stayed in New Zealand, but he came back with his fiance from England! I just found out that she got baptized. My companion and I had taught her the lessons and committed her to baptism, but she left to New Zealand too quickly so we did not get to perform the ordinance. It was so awesome to see that she had followed through and had been baptized!!! I was told she is strong in the church and is doing very well! Haha, Tonga is such a small world. Every day I ask individuals if they know people from my old areas and they always tell me "yes"!! Crazy, crazy!!
So, as I was writing, I got a call from the assistants, and they told me that Bunting and I will be staying here another transfer!! We are actually really excited! It's amazing to be with a good companion! Bunting and I seem to complement each other really well. I always tell people that he "completes me" as a missionary, haha! I really enjoy this opportunity that God has given me!
Barry and Freer will be leaving us, so that is really sad. It's okay, and we only have so much longer anyway! We will be with them eventually back in the states. As for our zone, we still have Elder Swan!! So excited about that so I will probably be leaving here in March or April! So, I still have some really good time left here in Ha'apai! I'm excited because we have had some solid people we are working with! It's amazing to see the progression in our ward here the last few weeks! We have worked so hard to be able to get our members more involved! It was awesome to see people change. We have really focused on repenting, changing, and moving forward as a ward! We have actually been able to help our ward mission leader out with stopping his Kava drinking!! So, he has been doing tons better and it has changed the atmosphere for us here! He is so much more happy all the time and is more excited for the work!
Well, could be more excited to continue the work here in Ha'apai. Love you all so incredibly much! You all are incredible and I pray for you each and every day!! Remember that there is no fear when you have faith and your works match your faith!
Your son/brother
Elder Blake Daniel Harmon
We are Eternal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment