Sunday, January 11, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 1/11/2015)

Hey everyone!!!

What an intense week this has been. Its funny we were joking around with a couple missionaries this week and they said, "Hey you two travel so much they might as well call you to the Quorum of the Seventy -- haha!  We got a kick out of it. But we really are blessed to be able to have so many opportunities to be able to travel and teach and to share our testimony with so many people in rural areas. This week we took a plane to Tonga. We actually left just about 30 minutes after talking to you on the computer on p-day. We had a nice short flight to Tonga. There were also some plane difficulties but I went into detail in a letter for you. Pretty much we just didn't know if the landing gear would work or not hahaha. Tonga was really good. I got to see Elder Lao and Tuitavake and Tuakalao and Lavaka from the MTC and also Elder Crosby. Then, when I went to the Mission Leader ship meeting, I got to see Harris, Grant, and Deihl. So it was just like a being at a big family home evening!!! I have pictures, they are just back at the house because I forgot them...my bad...next week though!!!

Mom, Elder Patey is actually still in Vava'u and I have not had the opportunity to see him my whole mission. I was able meet Elder Mafi from Spanish Fork, His companion is Elder Jones from the MTC also!!!! I got to stay at Elder Talanoas, the kid I trained and that is the house I actually stayed in for the first two weeks of my mission waiting to go to Vava'u. So, the week was full of tender mercies. The whole meeting was actually on how to have meetings with our wards and stake counsels. It was really good I have been able to learn a lot from it!!!! After reading dad's email today about presenting and doing it with confidence, I realized why he is never nervous. It is because he reviews and reviews and practices and practices before hand. It's so important to always be prepared. Scouts isn't just for when you are younger it can help you out along the way in life.

We actually tried to come back here on a flight Wednesday but the engine blew on one of the planes so our flight was delayed!!!! So, it turns out we finally got back on Thursday. Right after the plane landed, we drove to the warf and we got on the boat and went out to Ha'afeva for a district meeting with all of the branch presidents and we did role plays with them. Then, we held a big fireside and we gave talks..... So, it has been a week sense I have been in my own ward. Yesterday, we had ward counsel and we gave a presentation that is helping the ward understand how we need to repent, change,  and move on....

I Love You All So Much!!!
Your Are Always in My Heart!!!
MOM DUDE
Brooklin SYST

No comments:

Post a Comment