Hey Beautiful Family!:)
Today and this week have been filled with so much I don't even know where to start! This week was and Amazing & Incredible way to end in Matahau! We were teaching that amazing family I was telling you about on e-mail & just baptized two wonderful girls this week!
I promised you I would give you a little background about these girls! The first one is the sister of the boy I baptized (first baptism in Matahau), but it was amazing because we had here little brother there to bear testimony to her after each lesson! I love being able to teach families because the family is what our church is all about! The other girl was different. She had been taught before , but the missionaries left after her baptisimal commitment. She is from the village right next to us "Fahefa" but her parents were against her baptism so she came and found the missionaries in Matahau! She is 18 so getting baptized on her own without permission is legal. She is so smart and already know! She has a step mother that actually joined the church and is less active. Her step mother came to the baptism!
So, you can see I was on cloud nine in Matahau! I find that Heavenly Father does not like you to get comfortable on your mission, he is always giving you another task and always keeping you on your feet (I think Blake meant "toes"). I wonder sometimes why? But then I look back at my testimony and my strength with things that I am now able to do. Right now I'm in a situation that is 100% out of my comfort zone! It's hard, it's challenging and really awkward at times because I don't know exactly what people are saying or I don't understand their directions. I am doing my best and I am praying constantly!
2/25/14
So sorry I was going to finish writing, but I have been so busy it's not even funny! I literally haven't had a second to write, until now! A lot has happened today! I got to know the people of Sopu and I have met both bishops and ward mission leaders. I am concerned about some of the negativity and lack of motivation in the ward, but that is okay, because I am motivated and I'm ready to change the work in Sopu! I have made that a point to our bishop already and I told him we are here to work and willing to do anything to accomplish that.
Today a man came up to us and told me and my companion that we were called here for a purpose and that we will make a difference, but he said in order to make a difference you have to do things and go places no one else has done or gone before!
2/26/14
Wow, I'm so sorry that I keep getting so busy! But I would love to tell you and incredible tender mercy that took place today! Right before we went to teach our investigator, an elder got dropped off at our house, Elder Finau. He is waiting to leave to Papua New Guinea to serve there! He has been waiting for 10 months in the Tonga Mission! So, he literally saved us and helped us teach our investigator tonight and it was awesome! The spirit was so strong and the testimonies born were powerful! Oh so powerful is this message and so powerful is the spirit to the convincing of men!
My companion has a saying, "This gospel sells itself!" It is so true, because the spirit is undeniable.
Aw, I love you all and I am excited to keep updating you in the weeks to come!
OFA LAHI ATU
I love you all!
-Elder Harmon
Blake Daniel Harmon
No comments:
Post a Comment