Sunday, February 23, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 2/23/2014)

WOW, It really never does feel like a week has gone back, until I get on the computer and write about how much has happened!!!

I will try to update you as much as possible as best as I can:) This week has been full of the spirit and full of answers to my prayers. For the past few weeks I have been praying very hard for 3 specific things!

1) To Be able to have something that will help me become better at the language.
2) Be able to get something I needed to hear from Elder Neil L Anderson.
3) Have an investigator that really needs our help and has been searching( my friend I promised I would find in heaven)

I would love to start off by saying that our heavenly father is close and closer than you could ever imagine. He is literally willing to help us with anything, as long as we knock and ask! This week we had a family come to us and said they have a family at there house that they would love for us to come share the gospel with. So me a Latai were so so happy to do so! We went over and it is a couple with a little son about 3 years old. As we were getting to know them, we felt contention and we felt that they were not really united together as one. As we went on we found out that they have not been able to get along for a really long time, because they both have different beliefs about god and about their religious beliefs. As we began to teach them about eternal families things started to change, it wasn't coincidence, it was the spirit!!!! That day we changed there perspective and showed them the light that they had been missing all these years. During the lesson I taught about how we believe in God the Eternal father and in his son and in the Holy Ghost and that they are 3 separate beings. After I did so, my companion bore testimony and after the wife looked at us and said how do you know that? Immediately her husband who goes to the church of Tonga ( believes in one god) turned to his wife and bore testimony that there are three people in heaven and they are separate beings..... he said it finally makes sense to me..... Christ was praying to his father while on the cross! And we looked at him and we bore testimony that these things were true. I wish you all could have been there to feel that amazing spirit! After we challenged them to pray and ask heavenly father if our message we shared was true, and the next day they came back with tears in there eyes and grabbed each others hands and said for the first time they found themselves walking towards God together and they felt gods love.

I would like to testify to all of you that God prepare his people and he has a plan for all  of us. Sometimes it isn't right on top of the surface so we can see it, but sometimes we must dig and we must find it! Our Heavenly Father lives and Jesus Christ lives. The Holy Ghost really does have the convincing power of men!

Right before the meeting with Elder Anderson we found out if we were going to move areas or if we were going to stay. As they read off my name and my area and who I was going to be comps with, my heart dropped and then started to pound so loud I thought it was going to burst out of my body. I felt scared and a little panicked. They said I will be leaving Matahau and going to a place called Supo 'O Taufa and I will be companions with a Elder Arcos..... A white kid from the states that came in in December.... I will be his follow up trainer.

I am not good at the language nor am I  completely confident in my teaching skills. But as I look back to what my friend Cruser told me right before he went home. Harmon our language doesn't matter long as we have the spirit. As I remembered these words I was calm and I knew I would be by the Lords side. (and hopefully my language will grow from this experience) This will be the hardest time of my mission, but I am ready to hit the ground running. I can do great things in the arms of the Lord.

As Elder Anderson talked to us he ended his remarks by thanking us for two things and I don't know how to explain it but it was the two most POWERFUL Things I have ever heard . He thanked us for praying to our Father in heaven. And he thanked us for Having the desire to have the spirit with us constantly. And I can tell you honestly these have been my two biggest focuses on my mission. I can tell you Neil L Anderson Is a servant of the Lord. I know it. And as he shook my hand I knew that I was not just looking at some guy, but I was looking at a man of God.

I love you all. I am pretty sure I will get back on later to answer your questions. But all is well. Below is a picture of a girl I baptized, I will send you the story! I love you all so much and Pray for you all daily!
Your - Elder Harmon



No comments:

Post a Comment