Sunday, February 9, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 2/9/2014)

This has been a really incredible week and a week that I definitely needed! This week we have been going crazy with teaching investigators! This town ( Matahau) hasn't had good missionaries here for a while ( obedient and willing to work).  So now that there are missionaries ready to work, the members are definitely taking advantage of it! They bring there family/ friends in from all over the island for us to teach them! It has been awesome to be busy like crazy!!!!

Earlier this last week we started teaching a girl that is dating a less active member of the church. And she wanted to know more about the religion that he believes in! It has been a really cool and beautiful experience for me and my companion! Its awesome to see the inactive boyfriend share his testimony and be involved in her search for true joy!!! I love being able to share my testimony and direct it to them directly by mentioning their name. I remember dad telling me it will bring power to the situation and allows the holy ghost to talk directly to them. Just like reading the scriptures and switching your name into the paragraph.

Yesterday we started teaching an 18 year girl from the other side of Tonga but she is moving here ( I think). But I remember in the middle of the teaching, my companion was teaching about living with our families for eternity and its only possible through the temple and I held up a picture and she stopped us and ask ( I can be sealed to my family for eternity if I go there? ).  We answered with a smile on our faces and said YES!:) And the biggest smile came over her face!!!

I love sharing the message of the TRUE GOSPEL, to families and to individuals. I have literally seen the light that it brings.... I love this gospel. And I know this it is the only path to true happiness!

I also had the opportunity to baptize two little 8 year olds that there parents aren't members, but they wanted to go with there neighbors to our church because they say it is the true church! What amazing faith Tongans have! Kolipoki in his book emphasizes on the great faith of the Tongan people and it is so so true! They strive with such big steps in what they believe!

P.S.  I got the package with grandmas/ grandpas letters and the Jordan shorts. ( thank you so much they were so so needed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment