I remember talking to my brother Elder Cruser right before he went home. We talked about being on our little islands and we talked about how we both felt like we haven't really accomplished a lot on our missions and probably haven't changed anybody's lives. But as I look back, I knew I was wrong. Because what changes I made in my life on that Island, will change me for the rest of my life and the impact that people like Elder Cruser had on me, could never have happened anywhere else. I know that God puts us in places for a reason. I know I am called of God to share his perfect gospel, but not just that. I am here to give my 110 per cent to his people. I notice that everyone is always watching the missionaries and waiting to see what they will do! I have tried my best to take this to heart. Because one day I want to look my Savior in the eyes and tell him I did it I gave it my BEST and not just endured!
I notice a lot of times we are called on missions to bring others in to Christ by teaching them and committing them to follow Christ and be baptized! But I also learned that we are called to convert ourselves and everyone around us. This word (converted) comes to my mind every time I teach and every time I study! AM I doing everything I can to be fully converted to my Savior? Do I have strong enough faith? Am I fully committed?!
I have learned a lot the last few years about being committed to something. And the lord has called me to his team and has asked me to be committed to giving it my all. I remember my 9th grade year when Brad Eldredge stood up and said we will be a fully committed football team. We will do everything over again until we do it right, because if we do it right we will win. And if we do it right we will never feel defeat. And this is what has impacted me because the Savior has given us the atonement to do it right and to do it right so we can win.
I have seen first had my best friend do out here on his mission and that was to be committed to his Savior. I want him to know I know he’s a winner.
This is my home for two years and this is where I do make a difference.
__________________________________________________________________________
On another note.
This week was blessed with so many miracles! Some of these miracles have included amazing investigators following Christ into the waters of baptism! Some of my most tender memories of my mission happened this week. I will be sending you letters about the experiences, kind of hard to give a lot of detail on here….but I have been touched:) I love you all!!!!
- elder harmon!
| Mission Assistants to President - Napa'a and Tamoepeau |
| Yupp - Got the chance to eat my first dog, and it was goooood! |
No comments:
Post a Comment