Monday, May 4, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 5/4/2015) [#85 from Tonga]

Family,

It has been an awesome opportunity to be able to receive so many beautiful and thoughtful emails today from my parents! I feel so bad that I have such limited time to be able to respond and let you know how grateful I am for your support, kind and gracious words, but mostly for the words and thoughts you send that are straight from the heart. Your words are power and strength to my soul every week. I'm so blessed to have both of you as my parents. I never go a Monday without being refueled with strength and support. I want you to know that I learn from your emails every week and I ponder the things you suggest and teach me. Thank you for being part of my mission with me. I has meant so much to share this experience with the ones that have raised me up from the beginning.
This week has been full of feelings of joy and happiness for my family that I have here on earth. I have reflected much on the blessing that has been given to me and all that I have received.

We have been teaching a lot of families that are broken. We are teaching individuals that are alone and lost and all of this stems from broken links in the family. It breaks my heart to see people forget the covenants they have made before God and angles. It is something that can not be described. It's painful to see wives w/kids and no father figure to help, or even the opposite....not having a mother to support and love their children! It is devastating to see these situations, but there is a plan. God has not forgotten them. He will bless those who stay diligent to their covenants! I can't get over the fact of how important it is to endure to the end. There is such a new meaning to this phrase to me since I have been on my mission. God wants us to be continually learning. Even after this life, we will continue to learn. We will continue to progress, so as we endure, we do not sit in neutral, but rather, it is when we throw it into sixth gear and when we feel there is nothing left, we hit the top (potential). We need to remember there is always more to learn. There is always an opportunity to progress. So, we press the button and inject the NOS.....Haha, this is just how I see it in my head. It must sound funny....haha.

But, as I see it, we are racing to the end and we are trying to beat the adversary. However, no matter how fast our car is moving, he can always sneak up on our blind spot. We must have the desire to never lose our spot in the race (1st Place). We can not afford to miss a skip with our clutch or let off the gas.

I think that too often in our lives we put our transmission in neutral without even noticing what we have done. So, instead of moving forward, we are sitting still and just revving our engine. We are not necessarily going backwards, but yes, Satan has caught up with you and you are not moving. I feel that we fall into this a lot in our lives. I know this because for a lot of my time in High School, I was stuck in "neutral".

So, what is it we can do to get out of this bad habit of slipping gears? That is for the spirit to teach us personally. If you have the desire to know, ask yourself, "What do I need to stop doing to involve God more in my life?" Then, write it down. Now, ask yourself, "What do I start doing to have God be a part of everything?" Now Do It!

God said that we shall be blameless if we put him first in all we do.

I want to bear my witness that this is true. God will pour the blessings upon us all as we become loyal and faithful to Him!

-Elder Blake Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment