Family :)
I think there would be no better thing than to dedicate this letter to my mother for Mother's Day! There are not words to describe how grateful I am for my Incredible Mother! As I attended church on Sunday, it was hard not to have my own mother to hug and sit by in Sacrament Meeting. But, I want to let you know that these Tongan ladies did you proud mom as they all expressed a mother's love to me! A lot of them if not all of them kept asking, "When do you get to call your mom?!?" I would laugh and tell them that it is not until tomorrow because America is a day behind. Although I did not get to call on Mother's day here, you were in my heart and I felt you very close!
Mother's Day is a very special day and very close to my heart. I have to admit, it has not always been like that because I guess I just didn't get it before. I was blind to see it! It's a whole day dedicated to the person that went through nine painful months to get us here. The person that went many sleepless nights just to make sure the boogie man wouldn't eat us from underneath our beds. It's for that one person that would still love you even though you ate all the groceries she just bought from Costco.
This day is for the one that would turn up the music with her sons and sing with them at the top of their lungs to a Bon Jovi song! This day is for the mom that sacrificed hours to make sure her kids had hand packed lunches every morning and when they were still not out of bed, would turn on our favorite song to wake up to! This is the day for moms who sit on the side lines in freezing temperatures just to scream from the sidelines for her son! This is for mothers who love their sons enough to give them to the Lord for two years to a small country 8500 miles away.
This is for my mom who has not missed one week writing me a hand written letter of support and love...
Mom, you are my hero... You represent to me what it is to be dedicated to being a mother, but not just any mother, but a mother that God would have you be. I only hope that my wife can be half as incredible as you were with me. You have shaped who I am.
I want you to know I love you and I recognize ll your efforts and I will be eternally grateful to you!
I know that the Lord has a mansion prepared for you and dad for your dedicated service and for raisin us kids so diligently.
- Your Son
Blake Daniel Harmon
Ofa Lahi Atu
No comments:
Post a Comment