Monday, May 25, 2015

Hand Written Letter (Dated: 5/25/15) [#88 from Tonga]

Family Forever,

So I’m sorry my weekly emails have been so short. Things have been crazy! I was so excited to hear how birthdays went at home. They sounded like they went really well! The Italy trip sounds like a blast! It is definitely an experience of a lifetime. The Payson Temple looks very beautiful. I remember it was just getting started when I was home. Brittany sounds like she’s having great experiences in Chicago! It’s funny how you can go just to another state and yet can be in another world! I guess I had to go 8500 miles to find that out…..:) It was fun for me. I ran into a couple from Utah. They are the dentists for the church here in Tonga. I was able to talk to this lady about her kids. It was really fun to see it all from a mother’s point of view. “I guess here it, not see it”. But she talked about her boys serving missions and her love for them. It was really cool for me to sit and listen as I thought about how my own mom and dad feel about me. She also gave me some good advice that I am sure will help. I don’t know if I ever told you, but Elder Lotulelei is one of the new Zone Leaders. It’s been crazy to see how many of my MTC group have turned out to be leaders in this mission! We have over 18 altogether! I’m proud of how far they have each come! I remember mom and dad telling me that these boys from the MTC will end up being some of my best friends for life. I can definitely testify to that! These guys are going to be some of my best of friends! Every Monday morning, I go to the mission office to pick up needs for the missionaries in my zone and I get to see them all. Every time I walk in the door, one of them holds up how many weeks are left. It has just gone by too fast! Weird to think that the sophomores from when I was a senior are going to be graduating this week! I feel like that was just me! Hearing about all of the missionaries leaving is so crazy! I am sad that Taylor Larson is leaving right before I get home! That will be 4 years without seeing him. Just like how it was for me and Jordan Lowe. Well, here is a shout out to your Taylor! Hit the ground running! Return with Honor! Well, enough of all that :) haha, I still have 7 weeks to stay focused!

I would love to share with you some of the beautiful things that are currently happening in my area here in Touliki. As you probably know, we have been working with a lot of less active members in our ward. Wow, it has been such an incredible experience! It has been such a building experience for my own testimony and a confirmation to everything I know to be true! I have been watching miracles take place before my eyes daily because of the Holy Ghost working on the hearts of his children through instruments that he has slowly shaped and created to his specific sculpt for this area! I have the strongest testimony that God reveals his will to the leaders in this church and this is His work and we are placed in certain places and positions for reasons and God’s hand is in all that we do.

We have less actives right now fellowshipping “other” less actives and it is having a domino effect. People are seeing the fruits of the gospel and the joy and happiness that comes from this work! It is a joy that no other thing can replace! It is something so enjoyable to watch that it beats ANY movie!

This is my challenge and my promise as a disciple of Christ that as you see to reach out to others and share what blessings you have received in this gospel, you will find a fullness of joy and it will be a joy that you will not be able to replace. You will be filled with satisfaction and you will come closer to our Savior and he will bless you to have the beautiful desire to invite others in all you do! I promise you these things in Christ’s name, even Jesus Christ, amen.

Your Brother and Son
Elder Blake Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment