Thursday, October 31, 2013

E-mail from Blake on Halloween 10/31/2013

We were having Chili over at the Fleming home tonight when all of the sudden we get an e-mail from Blake.  He is in Neiafu for a zone conference and had a few minutes to e-mail us.  Here are some excerpts from his update.  He sounds really good!
------------------------------------------------------------
After getting to finish emailing you last time, I was able to have my first interview with my Mission President! It was very good I was able to express my goals and share my love about the people. He was very loving and comforted me with a lot of insight and things I needed to hear. We were able to have a zone conference and able to talk about chapter six in Preach My Gospel which is about Christlike attributes!!! It was amazing and I felt the spirit so strong. That night we went back to Nuapapu (our little island).  It is a good 40 minutes from Vava'u and the boat travels at a good 50mph..... so its a little bit out there!

When we arrived on our island, we got to meet a few new people that had been in Tonga Tapu (the main island Tonga where I originally arrived).  They found out we didn't have light in our home, so they provided us with one of their solar panel lights!!!!  The next day, they came and fixed our roof so no longer does the water seep through our roof!!!!

The first week being back in Nuapapu was busy!  We had told the members and our bishop that if we didn't start finding people to teach, the Mission President was going to move us!!! SO the members started sending us people like crazy! Hahaha! We are teaching one of the girls consistently now -- hoping she will start to have enough faith not to worry about what others think, but trust in her testimony and start coming to church and making covenants.

We are also teaching 2 investigators that are 18 and 19 years old, they seem intrested and I have felt the spirit so strong when teaching them!!!! I hope that they will keep progressing!!!!

I have a lady in the ward ( branch ) that made me a bag out of leafs, it is so beautiful!  It has my name in it and everything!!! It is awesome to have so many looking after the missionaries!!!

Also I finished the Book of Mormon on Nuapapu on 10-26-13!
The Book of Mormon is True! I love this gospel, and I love the people of Nuapapu!!!! So many little things have happened I just dont have time to mention them all! But we go to lots of little feasts and eat a lot hahaha its pretty great hahaha.

Oh, we also had our primary program the other day! It was beautiful!  The kid's testimonies are so so strong and their voices stand strong and bright for others to see! I know I am here for a reason!!!!
I love you all and would love to hear from all of you~!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment