Today we really had a tender mercy. It has been several weeks since we received a letter from Blake. Shannon was really feeling the need to get a letter. She went to the mailbox, and did not find one letter, but rather found FOUR letters. Blake is writing faithfully every week, but nobody picks up his letters except once a month from the island.
So, I am going to post his letters in the next four blog posts. I always edit the letters a little bit to remove names, etc, but you can get a good idea with how he is really growing with this experience.
----------------------------------
Letter Dated 10/21/2013
Hey Family!
So let me tell you a few things that have been going on and things that have happened.
Right after I got done emailing you last Monday about not really knowing my purpose here in Tonga, I ran into one of the Elders that I knew in the MTC. He is struggling with being obedient and he is losing sight of his purpose. So after talking to him for a while, I decided to talk to him about it. It was hard for me to be so blunt and straight forward with one of my best friends, but I know it was not me who wanted him to hear these things, but his Heavenly Father. I got to express my love to him and he was so grateful that I talked to him. We were able to promise each other that we would always do our own personal best to be amazing and hard working missionaries. So even if at this point in my mission I haven't gotten to teach a lot of lessons, I have been able to be there for missionaries that I know need me! I know that I am here for many reasons.
Me and my companion, while we were in town, got to go help teach a lesson to a family. It was a very good heart arming experience! It's always amazing to teach about eternal families to a family that doesn't know that it is possible!
So I was able to have my first interview with my mission president and it was a very good conversation.
We also had a big Zone Conference....they are very long...but good too!
So someone borough us a solar powered light bulb out here in Nuapapu! It is pretty amazing, I am not going to lie! And we taped up our ceiling so it hasn't leaked since (cross our fingers).
I have had the opportunity to eat Crab! That was so so good! And we have attended a few kai pola's (feasts).
But I am half way through 3rd Nephi and I am loving it, I don't know if if you remember buy my patriarchal blessing says some cool things about my future & knowing about the future through scripture study! So I have loved it!
But, I am doing well. We are going to be on Nuapapu for another 6 weeks, by then you will get this letter! I love you all so much!
Your Missionary
No comments:
Post a Comment