Hey Family!
Wow, where do I even start! This week has been amazing for me! I have officially finished the Book of Mormon! Dad and I were joking about it on email, but who can say that they have finished the Book of Mormon for the first time on a tiny island! But what an honestly amazing experience, and now for myself my testimony is so much stronger and now with every piece of my heart, I can tell people the Book of Mormon is the true word of God and that it is another testimony that Christ lives!
Also, I love my members in Nuapapu. I have come so close to the kids and to our bishop's family! We had the primary program in our ward this week & it was so incredible! The kids sang all of their songs in English! (loved that) Their testimonies are so strong and the have sch a desire to do good!
We taught a lesson every day this week, only two of them to investigators but the others were to girls that have been baptized, but have never been to church. I have been able to start each lesson, but my Tongan is not very good, but I think the teaching is helping me learn it better.
A lady for the past 6 weeks has been making me a bag for my scriptures and stuff, and she finished this week. You would be so impressed, its made out of leaves & stuff and it is beautiful. She has kind of turned into me and my companions grandma! She is always taking care of us!
I haven't really eaten anything too crazy since I last wrote. I had pig on a stick again, lots of raw fish, lots of top ram-an.
My companion and I are still getting along well so things are good here on Nuapapu! The work is picking up! We are also teaching a temple preparation class. It is cool that there are members getting ready to go get sealed to their spouses in the temple!
Everything is good. I don't know if anyone is going to come visit us in between the next 5 weeks, but hopefully they do so these last 2 letters can be sent off! If not, you will hear from me first on email!
Mom and Dad, I just want to thank you for the person that you raised me to be. I would like to thank you for the examples that you have always been. All I want to be when I come home is someone that honors his priesthood like my dad had done. And also been the example my whole life on how a man should be & for showing me what a true man of God is. I want to marry someone that has mom's love and cares for people the way that my mom does. I don't think that you completely understand the impact you have had on me! So I want you to know that you have not raised a quitter & you have not raised a failure. You ahve raised someone that never quits, and when he feels like quitting, he turns to the his Savior & he never fails because he has the Savior on his side. Mom, Dad thank you for raising me in this gospel. Thank you for your love for Heavenly Father and for His son Jesus Christ. I love you to pieces! You are my heros!
I love you family!
No comments:
Post a Comment