Monday, July 6, 2015

Last Hand Written Letter (Dated: 7/6/15) [#94 from Tonga]

Family,

I cannot explain the mix of emotions I feel writing on my last piece of paper to my family as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! This is an incredible opportunity to finish off these 94 letters from Tonga! To be honest, I never thought when I started writing in the MITC that I would actually write every week for two years, but here we are and I guess we did it!

I could never thank you enough for all your support as I embarked on this journey in Tonga. I'm eternally grateful! May this last letter be a forever memory of this adventure that we took together because I could have never done it with out all of you! There is evidence of this all the way from the beginning to the end.

Last Monday we were able to have a family home evening with the Loisi family once again which involved a lot more less active families together as one group and have a family night! The Loisi family has grown immensely these last 3 weeks. They have continued daily to read the Book of Mormon! They have all seemed to grow with a testimony towards our Father in Heaven. We recently took the youngest daughter (9 years old) into the waters of baptism. This has been a huge motivation for the family to study together daily and it also helped them be committed to coming to church. Normally it is not such a big deal to the ward to baptize a little kid, but this is a whole family returning back to church. This is a really big deal! It has been a family I know I made promises with  in the life before this one. They are incredible! I'm eternally grateful to our Father in Heaven fro this opportunity to put my hand out. I know that if Elder Hafoka and I would no have been ready to be Heavenly Father's servants at this exact time, then these people would not have received the courage to return.  Yes, they may have returned soon, but I know that God ahs called me and my companion to hasten His work!

These are my last days here in Tonga. The word of dad echo through my ears as each day of my last week and days. Before my mission he would say, "Well, this is your last Monday as a kid and then tomorrow a missionary!"

Well, here comes the last few days here in Tonga. I won't have to write a letter at the end of this one. I will be sitting at your feet letting you know how it went. I'm so looking forward to this time!

The children in Tonga have been the hardest thing about this time coming to an end. From the beginning the are what kept me going and now they are going to make it feel impossible to separate from this place. I look at them and I feel as if I am fleeing my own family. I can't imagine never seeing these people again. The children have made an impression that will never be forgotten. The ward members are very close to my heart. This has been a long journey and I could not have done anything without the children. The ocean has become a replacement for my mountains while I have been here. The separation will be a culture shock....not to sound sad that I'm coming back, but it is hard leaving a place that has been home for two years. I can't wait to see you again.

It has been a long time........

Ofa Atu
Your Son & Brother
Your Eternal Family Member - Elder Blake Daniel Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment